Check out the results of our photo competition!
Last year EXCEPT invited young people to voice their views on adulthood via photographs. After careful selection by special judges, people could cast their vote on our Facebook page .
EXCEPT Photo Competition "YouthVision: Becoming adult today"
In order to better understand youths’ experience of becoming adult, EXCEPT Project launched a photo competition. We were curious to know what it actually means to become adult for young people today. Is it about getting a job, being able to pay your bills, having more freedom or maybe taking your own decisions and bearing the consequences idependently?... When does adolescence start and how does it feel nowadays? Has it been positive or negative experience for young Europeans? What do they like about becoming adult and what not? We got plenty of opinions and ideas during the competition and now you can see the results yourself. Participants needed to submit a photograh with a short comment and the best works won cash prizes.
- Age: 18-30 y.o.
- Countries: EXCEPT partner countries (Bulgaria, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Sweden, UK and Ukraine) and other EU countries
- 4th of April – 1st July 2016 – collection and pre-selection of photos – 1st stage
- 4st of July - 15th of July 2016 – final voting – 2d stage
- 18th of July 2016 – announcement of the winners on the EXCEPT web-page, Facebook and Twitter pages
- Photos were accepted from 4th of April to 1st July 2016. During this period, photos are pre-selected by an international jury team composed of professional community, youth representatives and scientists. Each month 9 monthly winners were announced (1 in each EXCEPT partner country + 1 from other countries, if any). The selected pictures were published in EXCEPT Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Best 30 photos (3 from each EXCEPT partner country and 3 from other EU countries) selected by the 4th of July 2016 proceeded to the final stage of the competition.
- In the period from 4th of July till 15th of July 30 best preselected pictures will competed for the prizes in the final stage of the competition. Photos were be published at the EXCEPT website and Facebook for public voting.
- 3 photos that collected most jury votes and likes on Facebook won prizes.
- Top-3 winners received 250, 200, 100 EUR respectively.
- An exhibition of the top-30 pictures was organized in each country
- Best photos were publicized in local media of EXCEPT partner countries
- Best photos will be demonstrated in Brussels during the final EXCEPT conference
- Best photos are publicized on the Except we-page, FB and Twitter pages
If you have more questions, write us to email@example.com