Voting is open!
Dear Friends, we invite you to vote for the best EXCEPT photos at our Facebook page
The voting is open by July 24. Do not miss your chance to make a difference liking the photos that it your oppinion convey the message of the competition in the best way!
Get involved into the EXCEPT Photo Competition "YouthVision: Becoming adult today"
In order to better understand youths’ experience of becoming adult, EXCEPT Project launches a photo competition. We are curious to know what it actually means to become adult for young people today. Is it about getting a job, being able to pay your bills, having more freedom or maybe taking your own decisions and bearing the consequences idependently?... Tell us what do you think, when does adolescence start and how does it feel nowadays? Has it been positive or negative experience for you so far? What do you like about becoming adult and what not? We are looking for your opinions, emotional experiences and associations related to the issue of becoming adult today. Send us your photos on this topic with a short comment to them and win prizes.
- Age: 18-30 y.o.
- Country: EXCEPT partner countries (Bulgaria, Estonia, Germany, Greece, Italy, Poland, Sweden, UK and Ukraine) and other EU countries
How to enter
- Upload photographs to the EXCEPT web-page or send them to the EXCEPT e-mail address: email@example.com
- Provide short comments to the photos describing context, life situation, concerns of person(s) depicted on the photo or of its author
- When sending photos, you must indicate your name, e-mail, age, country. We also encourage you to indicate your occupation.
- Only photos accompanied with the mentioned above information will be considered
- You can submit up to three photos in the competition. Each photo may only be submitted once.
Digital image criteria
- Photographs should meet a minimum file size requirement of 1Mb and a maximum file size of 20Mb.
- Only digital photograph entries submitted via the EXCEPT online form on the EXCEPT web-page or to EXCEPT e-mail address will be accepted.
- 4th of April – 1st July 2016 – collection and pre-selection of photos – 1st stage
- 4st of July - 15th of July 2016 – final voting – 2d stage
- 18th of July 2016 – announcement of the winners on the EXCEPT web-page, Facebook and Twitter pages
- Winners will be notified by email on or by the 18th of July 2016
- Photos are accepted from 4th of April to 1st July 2016. During this period, photos are pre-selected by an international jury team composed of professional community, youth representatives and scientists. Each month 9 monthly winners are announced (1 in each EXCEPT partner country + 1 from other countries, if any). Some selected pictures are published in EXCEPT Facebook and Twitter accounts.
- Best 30 photos (3 from each EXCEPT partner country and 3 from other EU countries) selected by the 4th of July 2016 proceed to the final stage of the competition.
- In the period from 4th of July till 15th of July 30 best preselected pictures will compete for the prizes in the final stage of the competition. Photos will be published at the EXCEPT website and Facebook for public voting. Public voting will be held on Facebook via ‘liking’ the photos. Photo that collects most “likes” will be considered as a winner. Jury voting will take place simultaneously.
- 3 photos that collect most likes on Facebook and jury votes will be considered as the competition winners.
- Winners will be announced in the 18th of July on the EXCEPT website, Facebook and Twitter accounts
- Top-3 winners receive 250, 200, 100 EUR respectively.
- Exhibition of the top-30 pictures is organized in each country
- Best photos are publicized in local media of EXCEPT partner countries
- Best photos are demonstrated in Brussels during the final EXCEPT conference
- Best photos are publicized on the Except we-page, FB and Twitter pages
If you have more questions, write us to firstname.lastname@example.org